*Alan - Consultant - 'Exceptionally Good' - (5th Detox)
I wanted to take my health to a new level & learn more if I can. I got all that and more here!
This was the best detox BY FAR of the 5 detoxes I've been on, before discovering Karuna, incl. my previous favourite Tony Robbins Master Cleanse.
The depth of detox, quality and content of teaching here was exceptionally good.
I learnt so much from Sho, a masterful teacher in her field of health.
Constellations and journey were remarkable, and the teachings were practical and support integrating this into our lives. My body and mind feel clean, aligned, strong and energised!
*Nicky - Film Maker - Total Reboot. Best Yoga - (1st Detox)
Amazing! The best holiday I've ever had. Who knew Detoxing was so deeply relaxing and rejuvenating. I think it's the way Karuna support and hold our interest along the way. Fab program.
BEST YOGA EVER : ) Total reboot. Thank you!
*Wendy - Retired - Extraordinary Teachings - (1st Detox)
My daughter did the research and thought this retreat would be ideal. She was right!
The way you talk about nutrition is extraordinary. You're an amazing teacher. I normally find this subject boring, but you made it so exciting and awakening, I listened to every word and it woke up in me a deep relationship to caring for myself, for my body.
The yoga and meditation were excellent, I lost weight and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
*Gabrielle - Educator - ‘I love & accept my body’ (5th Detox)
I've learnt to love and accept myself this week. Normally I'm self conscious about my weight and try to hide. This week I started a new relationship with my body.
The retreat was exceptionally good. Shoshana is authentic and deeply wise. She speaks with profound clarity about a wide range of topics related to 'being human', deep and sensible.
*Jennifer - Retired - Sincere & fascinating - (1st Detox)
I'm so glad my sister invited me! I had a wonderful detox, such beautiful people.
The check-ins in the morning were sincere, the meditation was excellent (I can meditate!), the Nutrition talks fascinating. You're a great teacher - everything explained clearly from the start, with personal stories and heart! Loved it and will be back! '
*Mariska - Manager - 'Inspired A Better Me' - (2th Detox)
I was muddled and tired on arrival & now I'm inspired & ready to go back into my life a better person.
*Jane -Admin - ‘Deeply Reset’ (5th Detox)
A fab week. I feel more aware, like I've woken up... just what I needed!
Meditation, yoga and nutrition walks were so good.
Great to have the live food workshop on last day as support to help us take this into our life..
*Russel - Yoga teacher - "World Class" - (5nd Detox)
Amazing journey! I wanted to clear mucoid plaque and clear the system and I was looking for a really good yoga teacher. Got all that and more!
I've studied with world class yoga teachers and Sho is one of them. She speaks from a depth of experience and wisdom.
*Michelle - Producer - ‘Deeply Reset’ (4th Detox)
Exactly what I needed. The deep reset button...I got back to my stronger self.
It's been a deep spiritual journey of self care and I'm grateful that this time I could bring my dog with me - thanks to the new and amazing venue .
*Julie - Health Coach - So Relaxed - (2nd Detox)
It's been a long time since I've felt so relaxed. I've had time to sit and just 'be'! It's been special to be somewhere so nurturing, everyone has been so positive. Will definitely be back!
*Carol - Massage Therapist - (5th Detox)
Ironically what comes to mind is 'If Carlsberg made Detox Retreats...' (hehe!), Because this retreat definitely does reach places the other Detox Retreats don't reach. I've been on a lot of retreats and done a lot of diets and this is the best one BY FAR, due to the excellent people leading it and how they hold it with authentic love and care.
This is the Mhetta Bhavanna of Detox Retreats. All your team hold a special, connected, heart-felt way... you created a sacred space.
*Caroline - Manager - ‘The reviews were right - this place is amazing’ (2nd Detox)
A fantastic opportunity to spend time here at Karuna Detox with lovely authentic people.
The reviews were right - This place is amazing and Shoshana IS the heart of this experience and all her team are exceptional too.
A special and meaningful experience. Much more than just a detox and weight loss.
*Maluwa - Hairdressor - Space for Healing - (2nd Detox)
My first Karuna Detox was 8 years ago and since then it’s gotten even better. Sho, the founder, is at the heart of this retreat, the group gets along instantly, everything works smoothly. It’s a great experience.
I’ve been suffering from the toxic products I work with and have realised that this really needs to change. I needed this space to heal, get clear and I made some good decisions for my life. of the preparation and retreat week!
*Chris - Web Developer - Engaging Retreat Exceeds All my Expectations! - (1st Detox)
The way this retreat engages and models the teachings is inspiring. So much love went in to this event. The amount of attention to detail, compassion, love and connection to everyone.
I felt totally reassured. It’s exceeded all my expectations & I’ve loved it!
*Sigrid - Medical Doctor - (1st Detox)
I came for the Yoga and Meditation and was nervous initially about the detox and going without food. I benefitted from it though! My body was quite toxic and I had started to gain weight at home. This has really helped.
I also gained a lot from the mindfulness - to keep entering the present moment.
*Anne - Don’t Hesitate, Just Do It! (2nd Detox)
Shoshana is a very special woman, I wish we could clone her and have more of her!
It’s a beautiful place, and a fantastic team. Def recommended - don’t hesitate, just do it! You’ve educated me.
*Maureen - Learnt How To Relax and Breath - (4th Detox)
It’s amazing- I’ve learned how to breath properly here. I realised that all my life I’ve held my breath around other people. Now I can relax and breath… Thank you!
*Vicky - My Acne Cleared - (1st Detox)
I was most scared about who I was going to live with. I was pleased it was a large group of 17 and that we all got along and I really enjoyed my cottage house-mates!
I’ve learnt a lot about sugar and acne. My acne has cleared here and I’ve kicked started my health. My favourite bit was your talks, I learnt so much!
*Helen - Senior Teacher - ‘Blown Away by this Retreat!’ - (2nd Detox)
I needed to get away and thought ‘I’ll go there!’ & I’ve been blown away by the holistic sacred space experience of body-mind-spirit being connected. The attention of detail to the spirit is what’s so special, you don’t often find that. It felt really from the Heart!
I’ve learnt so many tools to help me - this is huge!
*Maureen - Business Analyst - ‘By FAR the Best Detox Retreat’ (4th Detox)
This is BY FAR the best Detox Retreat for me, of the four I’ve been to. My friend told me Sho was great and she didn’t lie! You made this very special - your level of connection is something I need to model. I loved my Chakra Reading session too.
*Natasha - Author, translator & mother - ’The most cohesive detox retreat’
I’ve been on a few detoxes before and this is by far the most cohesive and together. I like that Sho leads the yoga, meditation and nutrition - one person who really engages and is really checking in with us, noticing how we each are and holding everyone at the same time. She’s amazing, I’ve not met many people who can hold a varied group of people like this.
*Liz - Support Worker - ‘Slow Down & Meditate’ (1st Detox)
I came with my friend and I’m so glad! I learnt a huge amount about myself in a beautiful place , a sacred space, with beautiful people. I’ve learnt to slow down. I learnt to meditate and I’ll continue even in the business of home. I kicked my sugar habit and I’m determined to get my kids off of sugar too.
I was worried beforehand that I wouldn’t ‘connect’ to the program and that I would feel hungry - and I want to say don’t worry, you’d be amazed that you don’t feel hungry and the program is important and engaging.
*Pat - Event Organiser & EFT Provider - 'Wonderful! Best Detox By FAR for me'(3rd Karuna Detox)
This is my third Karuna Detox. It’s wonderful, by far the best detox - they’ve created a sacred space of collaboration and inclusive love and kindness. Every time I’ve been here I’ve felt like the group has been just the right group for me.
This time I brought my daughter with me. It was so precious to spend this time together.
Thank you, I’m so grateful.
Chelsey - Hairdressor - This was a Spiritual Ambulance (1st Detox)
I was being drained in my life and this was like a spiritual ambulance for me! Sho, Paul, Louise and Donna all brought me back to life. All of you here have been diamonds! I love you all and I’m grateful for my cottage-mates, we had so many giggles!
*Lyndsey - Business owner - Lost 14lbs (1st Karuna Detox)
I just went with the program and everyone was lovely, very supportive and I really do feel like a different person on the other end of this fast. I lost my belly, 14 lbs (!) and it's not just weight, but also a positive shift inside me. This is much better than a bootcamp, because it's not just about the body, but about how we live our lives!
*Catherine - This Detox Changed My Life- (1st Detox)
I'm so glad that I did this instead of a sports holiday! It was so much better than I ever expected. I learnt how to take care of myself. I feel amazing.
*Peter - Business Entrepeneur - Lost 12lbs, Something Special (1st Karuna Detox)
I came open minded as I really wanted to change my life. I’ve tried everything on offer here and THANK YOU, really, for creating the place to help us deal with our shit : ) in every sense of the word... You’ve brought together an excellent team of high calibre and created something very special. PPS. Lost 12 lbs over the ten days of the preparation and retreat week!
*Nikki M. - CEO - Learnt to care for my body- (1st Detox)
I'm fully embracing eating raw foods and very light proteins as I cannot eat meat, drink alcohol or eat anything too acidic or heavy, due to a liver condition I have. I think I was meant to come on the detox retreat so I could learn how to care for my body. I wouldn't have known where to start before. So now my supergreens, raw cocoa and fresh fruit smoothies are an essential start to my day! AND I actually enjoy them as they are gentle on my system and make me feel full
*Marc - Learnt To Listen to My Body (3rd detox)
I noticed a subtle but powerful change since returning. I am listening to my body much more/better. Spending more time resting, less rushing around ignoring my body's call to rest. This sounds simple but I am sure you understand for someone who has been pretty intense and driven like I have been, this is huge!
*Ian M. - The Next Step in Health (1st Karuna Detox)
Two years ago I was the complete opposite to how I feel now. I’ve been on a journey of getting healthier, gained and lost weight along the way. I came here to get to the next step in my health & diet and I got it. You’ve educated me.
*Lucy - Social Entrepeneur- I am a Champion! (5th Karuna detox)
Woke this morning feeling, I am a Champion Detoxer! And a Champion person. I have an unshakable conviction that All is Well and happy you have helped me go from Martyr to Maverick!
*Bibi - I love myself and my body! (2nd Karuna Detox)
I found myself this week. I was a bit lost before the detox after caring for others for a long time. Also, this pain in my hip was hurting every time I moved and I hated it. I hated my leg for hurting. Now I’m so in love with my own self and with my leg too! I damaged it and now I’m going to care for it and love it. Thank you for showing me how. I’m so glad I made it back here
*Annie - Trustee & Volunteer - I lost weight & learnt so much! (3rd Karuna Detox)
I was having a bit of a health scare in the summer, & decided to come. I learn so much here, every time (my 3rd karuna detox)… I’m the one taking notes about all the amazing teachings. I learn something everytime you speak, Sho! I also especially like the treatments & the constellation session - it was amazing how it shifted things for me. Also, I could bring my dog, Billy - thank you for making him welcome! I’ve lost weight, I love it and I will be back. Thank you!
*Caroline - Retail Business - I Sailed through my detox! (1st Karuna detox)
I’ve had a great week, I tried new things and really enjoyed it! It’s my first detox and I sailed through it
*Marcus - Surpassed Expectations! (1st detox)
I want to be healthier at 60 than I was when I was 50! So I came here… and I had a physical, mental and spiritual detox. It was better than I could have imagined or expected. It’s been an extraordinary week. So many amazing things happened. It’s surpassed expectations. Everything really great quality, I appreciate it!
*Simon - 1 stone lighter... (1st detox)
I lost 8lbs while on the retreat and (at home) consolidated that loss and am now 1 stone lighter. Having been at about 5% raw before, I’ve moved the dial to 30-40% and I’m not combining sugars, starches and proteins anymore. I have had a persistent throat irritation for a long time. It flares and was quite bad that week. (In my Journey session) Louise took me back to a incident more than 20 years ago and somehow dealing with that has helped heal my throat & I've had no irritation at all since the detox week!
*Jo - I trusted and let go... (2nd detox)
My session with Louise was one of the highlightsof my detox. I was able to let go of some very old and very stuck experiences. Her skill and sensitivity allowed me to trust the process and let go.
*Pam - Business Owner- haven't felt hungy at all... (first detox)
this is my first fast, I came with an open mind and was curious about the experience as I'd never been on a liquid diet before. I’ve found it really easy and surprised I haven’t felt hungry at all. The treatments were very interesting. My daughter and I are planning on coming back again in the future.
*Kari - from Norway - My body feels Clean & Fresh (second detox)
I feel a lot better now. My body feels better, clean & fresh : ) I've also worked through some personal problems that were very pressing when I came here. I met a lot of very nice people, makes it so much easier (to fasting alone) and the raw food kitchen workshop at the end of the fast was so inspiring! The retreat offers a lot - body, mind and spirit. I will easily recommend it to my friends, and also be aware that there can be some 'hard' days while you are detoxing.
*Simon - Executive- informative, supportive & enjoyable! (first detox)
The setting is beautiful and the organisation is great. Karuna has a well balanced complementary team, each with different skills and roles that work well together. I like the idea of meditating, doing yoga and massage while fasting. Thank you all! I arrived inquisitive, curious and a little nervous! And it's been an informative, supportive and enjoyable experience. There was always plenty to do alongside the fast, important when you're not eating! I'm happy to report: All the cravings have gone!!
*Donna - Business Owner- Best massage ever! (second detox)
I come here to Kauna to detox as Sho is my 'home', I come home to myself when I'm here. I've travelled the world with my business and I tend to have massages. I can say that Paul is excellent, top quality. It was the best massage ever! Jo is amazing with her food and the juices were so nice, as was the evening broth. It helps make fasting enjoyable!...
*Nicola - Nutritionist - "Excellent balance of detox, nutrition, yoga & meditation"
Sho is a tonic; knowledgeable, amusing and inspiring! Paul is healing - amazing hands and aura. Jo is a treasure! The retreat was an excellent balance of detox, nutrition, yoga and meditation. I would recommend this to like minded people! I made some new friendships and re-engaged with holistic lifestyle again. I arrived feeling tired, strung out and toxic... I leave feel much calmer, relaxed, rejuvinated, cleansed.
*Jaci - Retired - Feeling so good! (first detox)
My first detox and I'm so happy I came, my son has been talking about this retreat for 7 years and asking me to come. Now that I've retired, I came. I enjoyed the content of the sessions and the distribution creates a rhythm through the day. I thought I'd be hungry and I spoke to Sho in advance, she advised to have a backup plan of salad and soup. And when I came and saw the program was holding the day and the juice and supplements were filling, I did the whole juice fast without the extra salads! I wasn't hungry! It was suprising : ) I had a headache which passed like a 'miracle', when I took the recommended daily pinch of salt. As a foreigner, I'm from Brazil, I felt very comfortable. I've felt very good. Thank you! You are very special.
*Komal - Pharmacist - A Suprisingly Spiritual Detox (first detox)
I came just to lose weight, and received so much more. I didn't expect it to be such a spiritual and emotional detox as well as physical. Meditation was Home - I went in and healed everyday. When I arrived I realised I was the youngest one here (in my late 20s) and was afraid nobody would talk to me (!), but everyone has been lovely and I've made so many friends. It was sweet - everyone looked out for everyone
*Julie - Reflexologist - Remarkable! I have so much energy! (first detox)
I arrived not thinking we'd be on an only liquid diet. I didn't realise that is what juice fasting meant. I was suprised how much energy I had on it! I've enjoyed the group and thank you Sho and your team for sharing your wisdom, knowledge and compassion with us all. It was remarkable. I am a reflexologist and massage my feet daily. As the days went by I noticed both my intestines shifting and the pressure points in my feet shifting, showing me the healing effect of the detox was having on my body.
Yvonee - Vintage Shop Owner- it all fit together (first detox)
The whole thing fit together - yoga, meditation, nutrition and colon cleansing. I now know and understand so much more about how my body and my colon works. I came just to lose weight. I gained so much more. Thank you
*Alexandra - Surgery Nurse - The Body is the healer - (first detox)
I'm a nurse and I work in surgery. I wish always that more people, like you, share how to heal our bodies. Thank you - when I read the testimonials and then I came It was just like people said - your knowledge and presence Sho is truely extra ordinary. You teach what I know - the body is the healer. This week I passed some incredible things (in my colonics) I loved making foods at the end like a big family, all together. I've never had that experience before and it touched me. I feel so much joy, beauty and gratitude! I will definately be back.
*Lukas - Property Developer - Didn't feel hungry! (Repeat Detox)
Physically this has been great, I haven't detoxed in a long while and spiritually I'm feeling very zen! The biggest thing I got out of this was to chill on a whole new level. So glad to take some of this home with me. All the leaders and therapists here were tuned in to us. I've enjoyed time to play my guitar and not look at my iphone!
*Angela - Herbalife Top Exec - Ignited my fire, inspired & ready for change! (6th detox)
This detox has ignited my fire. I came feeling really bad and depleted after a lot of difficulty. I got inspired again and I'm ready for change! I've told my husband to expect a lot of new foods and ways in the ktichen : )
*Carol - legal secretary - Wonderful People!
I got a lot out of this detox. I'm now going home to start to eat real foods again. I've been eating aweful foods... I'm taking home brilliant feeling of being more open, that I felt years ago, and that's because of wonderful people to share with. The whole group and the whole team. Thank you all.
*Sue - This is the place to detox, here in UK! (Many detoxes)
Finally after years of going abroad to do this, I've found you! I've been to a lot of detox retreats around the world and have educated myself in nutrition. I always end up knowing more than the facilitators. Finding you is fantastic, as I feel you are very knowledgable and know how to guide this detox deeply. Now I don't have to travel far to detox anymore - This is the place to detox, right here in UK!
*Collen -I've done really well! (first detox)
As it was my first detox, I was apprehensive before coming. Could I do it? Well, I did and it felt so good! I enjoyed it immensely and feel I've done really well. Thanks to my friend I came, and thank you everyone for your support and the fun walks and talks!
*Cai - Business Owner - Just what I needed! (first detox)
I've been working hard and partying hard for years. This is just what I needed, and I didn't even know it. I've been tired and overworked. Here I got the chance to really relax deeply. I will be sending my wife over to have her turn, as the program really works wonders.
*Evelyn - Amazing experience (first detox)
Amazing experience for me. I was so stressed from my job and here I could break from that. I learned a lot about relaxing, about listening to my body. I never knew how... I never knew I could live without food even for a day. Here I fasted on juice and broth a whole week. The group was fantastic, with caring and love, like we knew each other for years. In London nobody has time, it was wonderful to be with people here. This motivates me. I love you all! Thank you.
*John - Business Owner - Spacious (2nd detox)
This week has given me time to process it all - life. I felt safe and supported. And now I can go home feeling spacious. Thank you
*Louise - Life Changing
I feel this was 'meant to be' and feel it will change my life. My life's been so stressful on a personal front. Here I've been held in what feels like a 'loving hug' all week. I'm going home stronger and relaxed. Refreshed and motivated to bring change into my life at home.
*Maggy - I felt completely at home... & lost all the weight I aimed for
I loved being here, it felt destined to be..! I had some goals with my weight and I lost all the weight I aimed for : )... I also realised I didn't even know how to relax. Here I learned to listen to my body, you talked me through it, and I started to hear my body and understood what it was asking for. The restorative yoga, the beautiful space, nature, time to rest in bed. All this and the amazing group, the fantastic facilitators, the massage therapists, all of these made it THE place for me. I'll be back next year!
*John - Roofer - Kickstart healthy living, together! (3rd Detox)
Why do I detox? I want to be healthy, I def don't want to be a (cancer) statistic. I want to have the power to live a healthy way and realise that without the right foods in my body I can feel really low and depressed. I 'get' it's my responsibility to care for myself better. Karuna Detox helps me get balanced and focused on kickstarting healthy living again, and I love the whole experience, it's so much easier to do this here, together...
*Emma - A Sanctuary, I come here every year (11th detox)
The fact that more than half the people here, I've met here before says a lot about how good Karuna Detox is!
*Sue - detox - Educated & Encouraged & Lost 12 lbs!
Educated & Encouraged! All the aches around my body - incl. my left knee - all dissappeared. My itchy skin stopped too, discovered it was the unnatural soap I'd been using at home. I lost 10-12 lbs!
*Nic - second detox - A Beautiful Transformation
A beautiful transformation has come upon me. I should have come sooner... as this has set me up on the right path! I feel well again. Connected. Content. Thank you!
*Octavia - First Detox - mental, physical and spiritual experience!
Thank you so much for a truly wonderful mental, physical and spiritual experience. I had never fasted before and I felt completely guided and supported throughout - both by yourself and the other beautiful people here on the retreat. I came to experience a physical detox and I have left with so much more - a relaxed mind, a deeper connection with my body and an increased ability to switch off from daily stresses. I really appreciate your balanced, non-prescriptive, detailed knowledge of mental and physical health.
*Anurati. - Web designer (Norway Yoga Detox)- Body, Food and Spirit!
Felt good to give my body this holiday. Fasting was much easier than I expected, and full of good suprises. It helped me relax at a deeper level. Plus, I'm inspired to make some healthy changes in my diet at home. This detox expanded my consciousness about body, food and spirit. You held the group beautifully with much knowledge, humour and peace. Thank you!
*Linda. - Accountant - Lost weight- Reconnected with Source!
My plantarfasciitis has disappeared. I feel more stable than when I arrived. I'd felt agitated, fragmented and very tired. Not anymore! I feel that I've plugged back into my connection with source. Thank you! Highlight was session with Sho - I've been working on myself for over 20 years and finally I found out how to BE in my body and how to 'Re-Act' from body. I can see that in the past I've done things that get my mind thinking about the body. That's not the same and I leave here very clear on when it's my mind responding and when it's me responding from my body. Best yoga I've EVER done on a retreat. Totally inspired me. Nutrition sess - Brilliant - really informative. Massages - Paul is a healer and Lisa's massage is a very high standard. Colonic board is excellent, much lighter than those huge plastic things. Really easy to use. This place is gorgeous. My room too. I'm glad I went for the ensuite. Magical walks, very nice pool and gym. I lost 10lbs, and rate this retreat very highly!
*Lauren. - Executive (fourth detox retreat)
I learnt to follow my own body, and found it was the key to my health. Two years later, my blood sugar and BP are normal, I'm eating mostly plant foods, fresh and cooked and love my morning smoothie! A detox every year with you, keeps me on track. I receive a lot more than detox and diet, it's hard to put it in words... I guess I learn to love myself more every time too!
*Diana. - Overjoyed, Pilates teacher, Retired (fifth detox retreat)
Previous retreat I brought my partner Fred, and this time we both returned with Dominic, my son. A month after our detox Fred has his colonoscopy and it was clear! We are very relieved. And are all green smoothie-ing every morning : ) as well as making a lot of the live foods we learnt with you... and Dominic looks great! Thanks
*Lisa. - Relieved Mama : ) (second detox retreat)
Karuna perfectly combined mind-body healing with fun and taught me how to stay healthy at home. I made a few changes and my daughter and I are thriving, she's not getting ill anymore. Biggest change? More plant based foods and no sugar!! The support from you was invaluable, I recieved so much from the retreat each time. More than I expected. Just what I needed.
*Hilde - still benefitting from the retreat years later
Still benefitting from what I learned on my detox retreat with you, years ago!I am living on a 99% meat free, plant based diet. I choose organic products whenever I can. I make green juices and smoothies. I have been doing a few juice fasts for 2-3 days maybe once a year. I drink half a liter of water first thing in the morning to rehydrate. I make my own cerals, nut butters and healthy snacks. My new favourite milk is almond milk. However, I still drink coffee and have dairy products like yoghurt every once in a while : ) I've read The Power of Now and The Untethered Soul, which I love and learned so much from, but which I would never have read prior to the Karuna detox.I live a quite busy life being a lawyer in an international company, but I am now aware of the stress and know how to "step out of it". I make sure that I get a few supplements: probiotics, enzymes and d-vitamin in the winter. For some reason, I enjoy nature more and find it more beautiful than I used to do. All in all, I'd say the Karuna week had a very positive effect on me! Hilde
*Marpa - first detox ever - Losing weight, eating well, feeling confident and inspired!
I´m losing weight and at the same time eating good food, and finally started to enjoy makingfood : ) It came to a point for that for some days the only thing i felt like putting into the body was juice, so I bought myself a juicer, and am enjoying making my own juices. It´s fun and feels so good to give this to myself! Thanks to you for everything, including the inspiration and confidence you gave me!
*Josephine - First Detox- appreciating my body's powers!
These days under Shoshana's safe guidance are very valuable to me. I experience Sho's wisdom, warmth and sincerity, heartfelt and unconditional. She communicated her knowledge seemingly effortlessly, a joy to be with! I loved the rest and quiet atmosphere in your yoga. And I'm left with a new appreciation of my body and it's powers. I cherish this. Thank you!
*Rona. - Psychotherapist (first detox retreat)
I dont eat any fabricated food at home anymore. I have always tried to make meals healthy, but because I now know more, I'm more tuned In. I have introduced a lot of new food products In my lifestyle. I eat more fresh vegetabeles, herbs. I am always looking for healthier alternatives. It's a lifestyle change and it takes time, but I really like it :). I am getting a dehydrator, I have inspired people around me to make changes and most of all I am at a happier place. My enery is so much higher, I want to exercise, its not a diet its my life. I have no regrets and I feel that the retreat was what I really needed. I actually live even more 'here and now' than I used to. Keep up the good work, be proud and continue to clean one more person at a time! Lots of love from me to you and your lovely staff.
*Fred K. - Retired Analyst (second retreat)
The changes in me this time around are more my thoughtfulness about many things in life, not just food. This retreat was about life detox, not just food or body detox. Though I did lose 6kg. This was such an inspiration to be more aware of so many things about me, or what I thought defines me. The massage therapies were excellent as were the Journey therapy. Yoga was fun! And not at the expense of quality, or interesting details. I rate this retreat very highly and hope many of my friends will go. I definately reccomend it. Thank you for everything.
*Alice. -Business Owner: "A Tonic to the soul" (first detox)
Set in deepest North Devon in the idyllic Ham Farm- Karuna detox really is a tonic for the soul. Too much work had left me frazzled and what I hoped from my break was mainly 'a nice quiet lie down'-what I got was so much more. From yoga and meditation to countryside walks and cooking classes, the retreat leader Sho offered her vast knowledge of how to lead a nicer life with effortless charm and enthusiasm; Deep scientific concepts (quantum physics anyone?) were discussed among stories and personal anecdotes and gave much to distract from the occasional stomach rumble. Juices and broths were served often and received gratefully. I would recommend this retreat to anyone. Thank you! Alice.
*Susan C. - Dental Hygenist / New Yoga teacher (third retreat)
The main difference for me this time (my third detox here!) is my radical shift in mood. I arrived feeling anxious and resistant and I left feeling hugely energised, relaxed, confident and very happy within myself. I learnt to do a headstand!I lovedhow Sho shares heramazing wisdom, knowledge and experiences- freely shared! And Donna'samazing amazinglast day in thekitchenand all thewonderful food we made!I ratethis retreat 10/10, it'srealistic and fun!Other options come across as too 'hard core' and serious. Thepreparationandaftercare advice is excellent.
*Sue M. - Health & Wellbeing consultant (first detox)
I found this retreat made a big improvement on my negative mood - feeling more positive about bringing about changes in my life that will benefit me. I appreciated being supported through the experience, and in very peaceful surroundings in lovely countryside. This detox is 1st class, I would definately reccomend it. I lost 4 kg. Just Go for it!
*Jan & Tim : "Fantastic Start to 2015!" (second detox)
My husband and I have just spent a week with Sho and her lovely team and feel so much the better for it!! Along with the fab yoga, nutritional and meditation sessions, we got to take beautiful countryside walks. E
verything is down to your personal needs, if you want to sit in the cottage reading your privacy is respected, everyone in the group is encouraged to relax and enjoy the experience in any way they prefer. This has been a fantastic way to start 2015 and we both feel invigorated!.
We are balancing health, nice treats and calorie intake. The most important thing for us is steady weight loss and not to feel deprived of tasty food, so we always have lots of tasty kale crisps and other dehydrated yummies for when we get the munchies!! We learned everything we needed to kick start our health and weight loss on retreat with you. Tim and I are now walking 5 times a week, first week 2 miles, last week 2 1/2 we start 3 today, it all helps! Thank you!
*Mary- firewalk instructor: " Total Body and Mind Cleanse - The Real-Deal in Detoxing!"
This is my third visit to Karuna Detox, and it just seems to be getting better all the time. The, location, the team and all the treatments on offer are just superb. I have tried a few other detox programs but none compare to the total body and mind cleanse offered at Karuna ....This is the real-deal in detoxing, I will definitely be returning!
*Victoria - film maker: Detoxing in a fun and loving way!
Detoxing in a fun and loving way, in a beautiful setting with great support! I got to lose weight, lose other baggage and feel free and enliven and much much lighter! I whole heartedly recommend them. Yoga, Meditation, Pool, Sauna, Country Walks and break fast with delicious raw food. Mmmmmm... Victoria
*Melanie & Alan- Exec. & Co. Owner: "Fabulous Holistic Detox Retreat... Again!" (fourth detox)
This was our fourth retreat (my husbands fifth). Sho and her team make you feel comfortable from day one. This is a personal journey and everything is optional, Sho and her team are always nearby to hold your hand or advise as needed. They have a wealth of experience. The accommodation is great, the surroundings wonderful. The treatments and raw food classes are excellent. Each time we leave lighter, healthier and more knowledgable. Mel & Alan
*Stine- Norwegian, Executive: "Simply Great"
If you want to give yourself a good treatment and timeout, treat yourself to a week retreat. I had an energizing and good week together with pleasurable and supportive co-detoxers. It was insiring and good-mood. Sho is a wise woman and very good supervisor. The place is wonderfully relaxing. Will definitely come here again. Plus, its easy to get here from Norway.
*Anna Kristine- Mother: "My Daughter is no longer ill"
Dear Sho, I'm happy to say my daughter has not been sick at all, since our change into a healthier lifestyle after the retreat! My daughter and I had a good talk when I came home, about what I've learnt.... Small changes can do wonders! I have made her a breakfast cereals (oats, pumpkin seeds, hazel nuts, some dried apricot and agave syrup) with yoghurt. NO suger. She likes this : ). I give her 1 probiotic tablet a day. But the most important change I think, is limiting white suger. Since she ate so little, we used to give her cookies, chocolate and other unhealthy food. Our intention was to give her energy during the day, but we were so wrong... this was making her ill! Now that we've removed the sugar - she has not been ill even once. Thank you for sharing your knowledge! Anne Kristin
*Petra - PA, London: "Rid yourself of toxins in your body, mind and soul!"
Karuna was recommended to me and I can't thank them enough. I was initially unsure of what I wanted to gain from the experience and can tell you, I got a whole lot more than I bargained for! Sho and her team are amazingly knowledgable, authentic and spiritual. I could not recommend it highly enough. If you want to rid yourself of toxins within your body, mind and soul, this is the place for you. Petra
*Brian - co. owner: "Inspiring on ALL fronts - it all interlinked inside me"
Thank you for this retreat! I wasn't expecting to have so much interest in all the classes as I came mostly to lose some weight. BUT I must say... it's so inspiring on all fronts physical, mental and spiritual - the classes meditation, nutrition and yoga every day interlinked inside me. This was an important time in my life. I needed this. I released a few emotional obstacles, and after that 'colonic stuff' came pouring out of me! According to the pictures you showed us on the first day, this was old stuff.... I feel fantastic after this release, light on my feet, joyful. Thank you. I will definately be back for more! Brian
*"Mentally Positive, Physically Lighter & Stomach... Flatter!" (second detox)
I feel more energised, more positive and motivated and my stomach is flatter too! I felt this week would offer a more holistic perspective and I was right. This retreat is so much more than a detox. It's loving, nurturing, uplifting, joyous! : ) I am left feeling mentally as well as physically cleansed, rested and healthy. I especially appreciated the meditation, yoga sessions, massage treatments, the natural surroundings and Sho, what a lovely lady! Jacqui
*Bard- fitness expert: "Sho is an expert in Nutrition!" (second detox)
I have worked with experts in the field of sport and nutrition for over 15 years now, and can say Sho is an expert! The knowledge, information and tips are excellent!I've learnt more from her than I have from many others, and I understand a lot more now. Kaja and I have brought the smoothie and other changes into our lives and are feeling a lot of benefits. I am inspired to continue to work with this think-well, eat-well, be-well attitude!
*Deana H. -Advocate - "I feel so many changes!" - 2 months after her detox
I came home after the retreat straight back into a busy schedule but I noticed a change in me. It was a realisation how the retreat experience has seeped through my whole begin and that I am now on an amazing journey after a mental & physical cleanse:
- Renewed energy and hope
- I'm kinder to myself and more love to others
- Clearer thoughts,more confident
- Losing weight - I know I will lose the weight without calorie counting
- Clearer skin
- Better choices with food.I eat when I am hungry then stop!
- I'm not feeding emotional needs.
- I have a greater awareness of my physical body & the realisation this is mine so respect.
*Ian T. -Green Smoothie still keeps me going until mid afternoon! - 2 years after his detox
I have been a follower of your "green" smothie ever since my first detox with you. I recently bought a new juicer and now combine a fresh veg energy juice of say, carrot, cucumber, celery, apple, kale and spinach with your high nutrient ingredients, both delicious and keeps me going until mid afternoon which, like today, includes a 90 minute session at my local gym followed by a swim.
*Physical and Emotional Detox in Equal Balance
Emotional detox is given the same amount of preparation and importance as the physical detox. Beautiful combination andvery balanced throughout the entire program.Special place and special people who are running the retreat! The nutrition talks were very informative and at the right level, Sho is a bank of knowledge and the best yoga teacher I ever met. And the colonics : 0 ) truely cleansing, results are amazing and one can see their toxins coming out with their own eyes. I lost 15 lbs, feel bright and learnt to relax deeply. I would definately reccomend this to everybody, this will give you a recharge to make changes in your life. Lena
*Clearer, Cleaner, Happier and more Focused
This is my third and best retreat experience and definately the best for really learning about detoxing and raw foods.
I loved the place - peaceful and quiet. Also meeting new people, the detoxers, Sho and her team. A very genuine team of people. The therapies offered were very special: Chakra reading was excellent, interesting and related to my life. My period pains were gone after the reflexology, and the massage was wonderful. We were all prepared before leaving with probiotics, fruits and info. - all very good and caring. Plus, the 'cooking' class in the kitchen with Donna was fantastic and prepared us to go home with new recipes, skills and ideas.
All in all I rate it 10/10 felt very safe throughout, enjoyed my detox and learnt so much. Trudi
*Nutritional information so valuable
The nutritional information you gave us was so valuable and my blood sugars seemed to have stayed low even after all the delicious food yesterday.I am committed to making permanent dietary and lifestyle changes.The emotional stuff may take longer but the space and the work we did and the information you gave have already started making a difference in my outlook. So, thank you again for your kindness, support and commitment to my wellbeing. It was a real experience for me and came just at the point that I could not really have kept going any more. I will carry the experience with me forever! Helen
*No More anti-biotics & I lost a stone!
My eyes have healed, I no longer need to use anti-biotics daily. I changed my diet, am so happy. Plus, I've lost a stone!Thank you so much! I will be telling everyone about this. Tricia
*Best thing I've done for my health!
To go to Karuna is the best thing I have done for my health.
This change in lifestyle is something I can live with. The best is that I do not have the same cravings as before. As long as I sometimes can eat (your recipe for) homemade chocolate (which is healthy too!!!), I will be great : )
I feel more awake, clean and I have more energy. Thank you Sho for everything you and your staff have done for me. Will recommend this stay for everybody.Sylvie
* My Journey to Increase Health & Treat Disease!
Before my retreat I had chronic migraine and daily headaches, and overuse of medication to deal with it. After one week of detoxing, using no medication and getting two hours of reflexology, I got a relief from my pain. My worst health problems were immune deficiency, which means that I am recovering after serious infections in my central nervous system and periphery joints, but my body is still sensitive to physical and emotional stress. During the detox I was able to swim in the pool, and exercise yoga nearly every day. My immunity dealt with the detox.I learned that over use of rizatriptanes ( migraine drug) can cause chronic headache, and that the use of magnesium helpspreventing migraines.I also learned that magnesium is better absorbed through the skin than the stomach.I bought an magnesium gel, that actually gives me a relief of headache when putting it on the scalp. This is good knowledge I will bring home.Most important for me, is the knowledge I gained, to be able to continue recovering my immune system, by changes in my diet. During the detox I went to the daily nutrition talks with Sho, read books in the library, watched documentary movies at the evenings, and listened to the experiences in the group. Even if I had been interested in nutrition for many years, this gave me so much more knowledge. I also discovered the benefits of reflexology treatment, and will continue this at home. This is a special experience, I can recommend to any one. It’s a journey of knowledge about your own body and the tools you can use to increase health and treat disease. Sho and the rest of the crew are very supporting and experienced. They will help you through the detox with the adjustments you need. You can be as social or private as you prefer during the detox, and the setting makes it easy to get in talk to the group and even make contacts for life. I came back (to Norway) with 20 kilos of food I bought from the detox and in food stores in London, and I am really motivated to start a better daily diet. Siv
*Haven't felt this good in Years!
As soon as I arrived I felt very welcome and relaxed, the setting and accommodation is completely supportive. Therooms are just beautiful, a perfect blend of pure luxury and comfort, I enjoyed many walks in the surrounding countryside alongwith the use of the indoor pool and sauna which felt like a real treat and the morning meditation started the daily off perfectly plus the therapies on offer are excellent and were carried out by some very experienced therapists.
During the detox I felt supported and reassured by the team, the daily talks were informative and interesting and the breaking fast meals were DELICIOUS, we even learned how to prepare and present our own raw dishes !
During the week I lost a stone in weight and since being home I have mainly kept it off, I've found I've stayed mostly raw just because my body feels like this is what it needs, I feel so much lighter and healthier and I've stepped up the excercise now I'm feeling more energised, also, I have to mention that during the retreat I felt a huge sense of releasing on an emotional level and spiritually I felt much more connected ... I have to say I haven't felt this good in years !
it's my second Detox and both were real triggers for making positive changes to my life. I would highly recommend Karuna ... Sam
*Energised without Eating
I joined this retreat with a friend who recommended it - I am amazed at the amount of energy I had throughout my days on retreat without any food intake. The experience was a huge eye opener for me!
Aches and pains that I had in my neck, shoulder and head dissappeared and the skin on my feet started to heal.
The massage I had with Paul was excellent - it removed 70% of a persistant pain and my chakra reading was truly enlightening. This was a perfect detox experience for me and I fully reccomend it! Raxa
* The start of a journey
Last year I came on your retreat and I wanted to say what a powerful and amazing experience it was being with you all during that week- it was the beginning of a really profound beautiful journey, which continues! Jessica
* Inspired Release of the Old
Thank you for this retreat! I wasn't expecting to have so much interest in all the classes as I came mostly to lose some weight. BUT I must say... it's so inspiring on all fronts physical, mental and spiritual - the classes meditation, nutrition and yoga every day interlinked inside me. This was an important time in my life. I needed this. I released a few emotional obstacles, and after that 'colonic stuff' came pouring out of me. According to the pictures you showed us on the first day, this was old stuff. I feel fantastic after this release, light on my feet, joyful. Thank you. I will definately be back for more! Brian
* I'm a NON Smoker now & my boyfriend's Eczema cleared
My boyfriend had a largish eczema type red rash on his chest, which cleared up as soon as he started on smoothies and eating better. Within 24 hrs of staying at mine, eating mainly raw with smoothies it started to clear, it's now gone. He has had dry skin on his face for years, which is also mainly gone. As for me , I'm a Non Smoker now 🙂 Its actually avoiding chocolate is the hardest! Byronie x
*Bright, Vital, Alert and Energetic!
Sho is a deeply loving and purposeful leader.She generously shares herself and creates a loving and beautiful atmosphere in which to detox. She leads from her heart and has a wonderful team supporting her.I found this week refreshing and rewarding. It was a physical, mental and spiritual experience -Not eating has never felt sooo good! : 0 )Overall I feel brighter, more vital, alert and energetic.I feel the detox has really gotten me thrilled with the idea of eating nutritiously- I love the idea offood as a source of 'Life'as well as pleasure, and am looking more deeply at food being alive.I also loved my chakra reading and the acupuncture. Shachi *
*Full of Joy
I can't tell you how much joy and energy I feel since I've come back! I feel likeI've had a JOY-injection : ).Journey session with Louise was life changing. Maria DB
*Full of Life and buzzing with energy
Woke up at 6.30 am this morning full of life and buzzing with energy, I can't thank you and your team enough and how much I appreciate such an inspiring caring, enlightening time with you all. Paul ( Best massage I have had for years); Louise , enchanting warm; and loving Donna ( the living fresh food Queen). Last but not least- Thank you, Sho, for your door opening personal experiences that bathed us all in sunshine, focusing us all and bringing together such a lovely group of people from many countries, many walks of life to share a beautiful journey together. Jeff
*Back Pain and Headache GONE
I feel much better, like I'm more ALIVE. Light. My back pain and headaches are GONE. The colon cleansing is special and effective. I also loved the YOGA! Will continue that at home. My body feels so alive and well. Still sticking to a rawfood diet, slowly getting back to normal, but a healthy normal I hope.I haven't felt as good for a long time so my recommendations are very sincere! Heidi (Norway)
*Free, Alive, Clean and Flexible
I arrived this time feeling tired, stressed and confused.
I left feeling relaxed, with clarity and a lot of energy, I feel alive, clean and flexible!!!
The journey therapy, the meditation and yoga all contributed - Sho provides a clear understanding of how to do things. I did my first headstand here. The nutrition sessions are incredible, it's the third time, but I still go to every one (!) as I learn something new everyday here.
I love this retreat, always fantastic people here. I wish upon everyone I know that they come here at least once- it's life changing! Jodie N.
*Loving, Nurturing, uplifting & Joyous!
I felt Karuna would offer me a more spiritual, holistic perspective. And it did! I am feeling mentally, as well as physically cleansed, rested & healthy. This retreat is so much more than a detox. It's loving, nurturing, uplifting, and joyous! : ) I enjoyed all the session, yoga especially was FAB! I did a headstand! YEY! And the talks are very informative. I will be back, hopefuly annually, with anyone I can encourage to join me. Jacqui T
*Get your detox 'result' whilst being cared for!
If you feel you need a detox, and you probably do, Karuna Detox is the place, because you will get your result, whilst being cared for by a deeply knowledgeable and dedicated team. The standard is very high.Every day there is a talk about nutrition and lifestyle - sessions were excellent! There is also yoga and meditation, and there was no pressure on me or anyone to participate in yoga if we didn't want to.
*Relief from Ulcerative Colitis for 3.5 years
- I haven't had Ulcerative Colitis flare ups in the 3.5 years since my Karuna Detox, after 14 years of regular flare ups! Sylvia
*Cannot think of a better place for a Detox!
I knew I was searching for a detox as after a hard life, I was full of toxins and tired all the time. I managed to get lucky and find a last minute place at Karuna.
I detoxed from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.... A real Spring clean!
The support and knowledge from Sho and the staff was excellent, I had been on a path of better health for a while, but I felt the retreat just gave me that help up one more level. Sian
*NEW Vital Energy & Direction
I wanted to let you know how amazing I feel coming out of the detox retreat. I feel vital energy inside of me. I am re-thinking of all the things I can do about my work and generally in my life.
I feel like I've been paralysed for so long & suddenly I feel full of direction. Louise
*Asthma and Headaches GONE
Amazing week. A micro-climate of magic, spirituality and nurturing. I was quite overcome by the wonder of it all, on all levels it hit the spot. I was not expecting such a rich and deep experience. I'm feeling relaxed and in such a good space afterwards.
One of the reasons I went, was my asthma was so bad. Now it's gone. The headaches I often had are also gone. Wonderful!! I'm continuing with the raw food and the meditation, which isn't always easy, but worth it. Hoping to come back next year. Sheelagh
* Eyes Healed & lost over a stone
Since the retreat with you, my diet has completely changed and I have not yet eaten any processed food and do not feel that I want too. I'm eating a gluten free vegan diet - my eyes have healed - no antibiotics for a month!!
So Happy!! and I've lost over a stone - Yay!!
Your talks were fascinating you have such a wealth of knowledge and an easy way of putting the information across. It has really sparked my interest and I just want to continue reading and learning more now I am home.
Life changing stuff - thank you! Tricia
The retreat gives me, freedom from stuck thoughts and stuck toxins.Plus the sheer pleasure that is meeting new friends - I am in touch with Sue and Jill regularly - that's worth the cost of the detox on it's own!
It's not a overstatement to say that the week is life changing. I got so much out of last year's retreat but took the changes for granted. I felt so good I thought I was immune to the rubbish I was putting in. It took it's time to catch up with me but catch up it did! This time it is unmistakable how I feel pre and post retreat.
It's almost ridiculous how good I feel. I made Jo's raw cake. It's all yum, I can't believe I didn't get into the raw eating like this last year, what was wrong with me!?
I'm so glad I came back a second time. Victoria
* Excellent! Kind, Caring and Patient
I lost only about 2kg (but didn't have weight to lose anyhow). I feel much better, and my joint pain is reduced, as always.
This time I appreciate my experience here at Karuna Detox even more.
Sho is a wise soul - her meditation, yoga and nutrition sessions are always informative, and spiritually embracing.
The therapy sessions offered here are of very very high calibre - being in the body therapy business and having experienced many therapists, I can say the Karune therapists are excellent!
I wil be taking home a lot of positive changes - including food combining, eating superfoods, drinking 8 glasses of water, removing artifical/processed foods.
Also I have a sense of being more relaxed about life in general...and knowing that a little bit of what I like won't do me long term harm.
* Parachuted into this New Body!
I just wanted to let you know that I have been pretty good since the detox, and I actually LOVE the superfood smoothie. There is something about all that green stuff that makes you buzz!
I am drinking much more water than before, and realised how little I actually drank.
One of the best things is that my yoga practice has totally gone up a notch. For a long time I was pretty static, but since being back (and during the week with you), I am binding easily in many of the asanas that were really tough for me.
It is such a pleasure to have parachuted into this new body!!!
I highly reccomend this retreat, Sho is an amazing facilitator, very professional. Her nutrition talks were extremely informative. A lot of facts and research. Made me think about my diet. All the therapists were a very high calibre. I really felt the benefits from the massage.
It's a fantastic location for a fantastic experience. Calming, beautiful environment with a very supportive and yet very professional approach. This was the first time I have done a fast and it has given me a lot of confidence to do it again. My skin looks brighter, my body is relaxed and my joints are pain-free. WONDERFUL! Diana
*Am healthier at 45 than I was at 25!
After going on various food and booze celebratory weekends with my girl friends to mark their turning 40.. I decided to do something health giving for my 40th - so I booked a week of detox with you! That was one of the best decisions I ever made!
As I approach my 45th birthday (27th Feb) I would like to thank you for you continuous support over the years! You are an amazing woman! I feel so grateful - and healthier than I did when I was 25!!!
Mmmwah xxx Pamela
*Truly Enlightening Week
Well, what a truly enlightening and thought provoking experience. Thank you so very much for your support and wealth of knowledge to guide me through it. I am indeed very deeply rejuvenated, and the week has re-engaged me, and given me a new armoury of tools, to discover optimum health once again.
I think, of greatest value to me was the cementing in my mind of the concept - eating from your colon, and not from your taste buds. And getting to grips with enzyme nutrition and its importance.
I did as you said and I treated myself to a cupboard and fridge full of fresh and all organic produce, and am loving the taste sensations of it all. So onward with fortitude I shall press, toward a "raw"and revitalising future. Andrew
*Everyone says how my skin glows
Well into my second week of raw food diet after my detox with you and all going well!
Everyone at work said how well I look and how my skin glows! And the weight loss! Carl is amazed at his weight loss and is secretly really pleased by how much he’s lost, he is running more and wants to loose more weight, its just going to take a bit longer to get into his head about the raw food diet!
And still not drinking! I just have to stop preaching to colleagues about it but it’s so hard when one feels so well and I want people to eat healthier. Gill
*Ready to Enjoy Life
Health-wise, my eczema has totally lost its place and seems to be gone forever, which is divine. 🙂 All my flat-mates had severe flu at least twice during November and December, but I seemed to be immune to it until I had a week of stressful days and very long nights. Even then it went away in 2 days instead of a week or two.
I feel like I've changed a lot in the past few months. I have a lot more confidenceand mental clarity and I am happy with what I have in my life. I even hang around with people I respect more rather than other way around, I used to not think I deserved such nice things. I'm grateful for my transformation, I'm not scared of enjoying my life anymore! Jee Soo
*The best thing I have done for myself ever!
I am feeling such a huge change, especially in my mental attitude and sense of being. It's hard to keep the smile off my face! Physically, I feel clean, refreshed and rested. The fasting and colonics were exactly what my body needed. I honestly think this has been the best thing I have done for myself ever!
It was all the little things that made me chose Karuna detox - the fruit bags you get at the end of the fast, the preparation instructions before hand.
On leaving, I felt like a different woman. I came to sort out my body and rest, and I feel that a more real me has emerged! Susan
*Sue, May 2011
I lost one stone before the retreat just following the preparation guidelines!
This juice fast has been the best holiday I've ever had in my life!
*Barbara, May 2011
I'm excited to discover the new relationship I have with my body now *
*Jonathan, May 2011
I arrived quite negative, and am leaving VERY positive. I feel energised and believe in myself.
This retreat has changed my life around.
*Richard, May 2011
I arrived with an empty heart and a full colon, I'm now leaving with a full heart and a clean colon. thank you!
*Karen, May 2011
I feel amazing and am enjoying who I am without having had anything to drink, nor wanted too, for the week. This is the first time in years I haven't drunk a bottle a day.
*Jonathan, May 2011
I stopped smoking, and didn't even think about it.
*Tricia, March 2011
My eyes have healed, I no longer have to use antibiotics daily. It is amazing. Plus, I've lost over a stone! I've changed my diet and I'm so happy.
*Philippa, Jan 2011
It was a life changing experience. I feel so good about life and me!
*Gill, Jan. 2011
Everyone at work says how well I look and that my skin glows.
*Jarvis, Nov 2011
Your guidance and advice was top marks and put me back on the right track and made me aware of how I had neglected the old bones. I have now lost 18 llbs - not half bad : )
*Sheelagh, Nov 2011
One reason I came was my asthma was so bad, now my chest is as sound as a bell and my headaches are gone.
*Cathy, December 2010
Such a wonderful environment, clear, fresh and invigorating! I have a happier tummy and am more relaxed and breathing better. Thank you!
*Maria, December 2010
For me the highlight was meditation. The detox retreat has helped me focus on forgiveness.
I feel lighter both in my body and in my mind.
*Kate, December 2010
An incredible insight into oneself and awareness of nutrition and my mind and body. After this I think that what is regarded as 'alternative' maybe now should be considered as the norm?
*Richard, December 2010
- The retreat was so much more than just a detox. It met all of my expectations and a fair few I didn't realise I had. The Journey therapy was profound, it helped me see my way forward as well as release the past.
*Jacqui, November 2010
- The program created a supportive structure in which to fast, it also gives great emotional support which will help me achieve my long term aims. It was a very special experience, that I cherish. I've loved my time here.
I came to address my weight, but have left with clarity and a spring in my step & soul. AND I lost half a stone!
*Saraflo, November 2010
Truly the most opening experience of my life so far, this has given me vigour and excitment for the future!
*Allen, November 2010
After the retreat I'm clear headed, more relaxed and lighter! The group was open and supportive, the staff were highly skilled and supportive as well and Shoshana has both intellect and heart in her explanations of the detox process, diet and nutrition.
*Penelope, November 2010
- I feel more relaxed, cleaner, balanced & my backache has gone (so far). I'm excited about regaining a healthier diet in the long term. My cravings for refined sugar are gone!
The location was so special, as well as the complete nurturing approach. It's a Holistic rebbot to healthy living, loving and eating.
Karuna Detox cares for you on every level, and equips you for going back out into your usual lives.
*Liz, Sept. 2010
- I wanted something to motivate me to lose weight and eat healthy - I wanted a 'retreat' and now I have an intimate knowledge and connection with my body, I feel much more informed about good nutrition. I enjoyed the change to rest when I needed to. The talks were inspiring and the massage and reflexology excellent!
*Donna, Sept. 2010
Sho's wonderful insight, the lovely treatments, you are all very special wonderful people! I was looking to clear out my system and I got it! Most appreciated was the abundance of kindness, the excellent support and the workshops and sessions. I will be back next year!
*Ian, Nov. 2010
The whole thing is very special. First rate support by the Karuna Detox team. Grea comradarie with fellow fasters. I appreciated having time to swim and walk, and the weight loss!
*Carole - Sept. 2010
- I really enjoyed the walks in nature, the pool and the sauna. Loved the reflexology and the abdominal massage, it was very beneficial! The information and the talks were brilliant. I lost 10lbs and intent to carry on nurturing myself, but if I fall by the wayside... I know where you are! Thank you for a very supportive and caring time, it was inspirational.
*Mark, Sept. 2010
Coming a second time was outstanding. I have acheived a much needed sense of well being and a further weight loss. I very highly reccomend this. What a great group of people!
*Sharon, Juice Fast - June 2010
- The holistic approach was excellent, as were the daily nutrition talks. I liked meeting like minded people and highly reccommend this program. I lost 9lbs!
*Molli, Juice Fast - Devon, July 2009
- The retreat provided me with knowledge, understanding and acceptance of myself, thanks! I recommend it and am coming again! I loved doing nothing and not feeling guilty. The surroundings were so special - the flowers, trees, butterflies. The people were wonderful.
*Karen, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, July 2009
I would recommend this to anyone! I had fabulous treatments, walked alone in the fields and learned so much in the daily nutrition talks! Special aspects were the support from all the retreat staff and meeting and bonding with new like-minded people.
*Carol, Juice Fast - Devon, July 2009
- I loved seeing the 9 month old cheeseburger! It REALLY made me think about what I put into my body.
*Tomas, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, July 2009
I cleansed body and spirit. I got my body of 7 years ago back!
*Ian, Juice Fast - Devon, July 2009
- I came to escape, for some space, to recharge and to cleanse. I loved the location, the quiet and the excellent treatments. I lost 10 lbs and highly reccomend it and look forward to my coming back.
*Isa, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, March 2009
This whole week has been totally mind blowing for me. I have been on the most important journey of my life, the one to the centre of myself. I want to thank all the therapists for all the work they have put into their own journey, and then to be able to pass this one to others. Thank you!
*Jennifer, Juice Fast - Devon, January 2009
- The group support enabled me to feel safe and happy whilst I de-toxified my body of years of waste on many levels.
*John, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, March 2009
To be able to share this experience with an amazing group of people that came to Karuna Detox as strangers and will leave as close friends was inspirational.
*Tina, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, January 2009
Karuna not only gave me all that I was looking for but very much more. I have learnt so much about nutrition, my body and my potential. It’s truly been a lifesaver for me coming at the perfect time. I will return home to my life a new woman who has discovered so much about herself. I want to share this experience with everyone to help them too.
My penultimate colonic caused me to cry and laugh at the same time and when I was done I got up and danced around the bedroom and bathroom, singing at the top of my voice whilst listening to some tunes. I had the most beautiful moment of happiness and joy!
*Gillian, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, January 2009
Karuna was the ONLY retreat that offered what I was looking for which is why I think in this one week, people came from Luxembourg, France, Norway, and Aberdeen! I can only imagine that Karuna have a big storeroom somewhere for all their guests to leave the negative baggage they have been carrying around and somehow set down on a retreat.
If you want to lose the negative and unhealthy garbage you’ve been lugging around and find your smile – book up!
*Diana, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, March 2009
I was looking for weight loss and relaxation. I got a lot more: very useful information, spiritual guidance, peace and physical cleansing. It's taken me back to a place where I haven’t been for many years.
I had never done a retreat or detox before. Each session, meditation, talks, yoga, massage and group sessions were fantastic!
*Julie, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, January 2009
Physical results of my detox were: clear skin and a no re-occurrence of rosacea acne – even though I stopped taking the antibiotics when I came on the retreat. And two non-infection ‘verruca’ type callouses on my right foot disappeared when 5 years of different treatments failed.
*Alan, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, January 2009
I found the meditation astounding and intend to progress from now on. I am becoming more open and receptive to myself and those around me.
*Claire, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, March 2009
Sho's clarity, enthusiasm and knowledge combine so well with her humour. I felt her to be very integrated, warm and inspiring.
*Wendy, Juice Fast- Devon Detox, January 2009
Professional, supportive, caring, nurturing. I felt deeply cared for and that’s a wonderful thing for any human being.
*Chris, Juice Fast - Devon, Feb 2008
- I wanted to kick start re: direction, inspiration, education, time and space to collect my thought and to 'just be me'. The retreat provided all of this and more!
The warmth, depth, compassion, genuine caring nature of Sho and the team was amazing!
'The Journey' with Anna- wow - in a short space of time I managed to connect with the child within me, who had little understanding of why he felt like he did. Now I feel many distructive patterns have changed. Thank you Anna!
I lost about a stone. I feel fantastic. What a great experience!
I am very excited about my future healthy life. I intend to enjoy every day of it!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
*Katrina, Juice Fast- Devon, Feb 2008
- This was my second Karuna Detox™ in 2 months. It was wonderful to meet with lovely people, to feel so open and in one's heart and non-judgemental.
The environment is so supportive, the English countryside was beautiful as were the walks, yoga and sauna.
Very profound experience.
*Johnny, Juice Fast- Devon, Feb 2008
- This is very professional & laid back at the same time. We're given lots of space, and all the team were very approachable. Fantastic (!!) and very peaceful. Really enjoyable, very sad to be leaving.
I was a complete sugar addict and have been undernourished and craving (for a long time). The special aspect for me is that Sho has shown me the way forward with diet and lifestyle!!!
I most appreciated: being out in the countryside, the peace, all the wonderful people, and now being 'fully armed with the facts'. God bless you xxx
*Susan, Juice Fast - Devon, Jan. 2008
- I came to lose weight, gain new knowledge of food and change my life. It all happened - thank you!
I enjoyed meeting new people, sharing and trying new therapies.
I can actually see my ankle bones again - my ankles had been swollen for months before coming here. Also my hair, nails and skin are much improved.
Sho was excellent, very approachable, lovely. The colonics were also better and easier than I imagined!
*Jo, Juice Fast - Devon, Jan. 2008
- The best thing was the nutritional information. I have known for a long time that I need to change my diet, but didn't know how. I now have some sound ideas and am excited about coming again and becoming more and more healthy with it. Thank you Sho!
The knowledge that you all (staff) were there on hand should I need any help or advice was greatly appreciated. I also loved having a good selection of movies to watch... and I lost 1/2 a stone!
Also, the deep tissue massage with Healther - Excellent, best I ever had!
*Clare, Juice Fast - Devon, Jan. 2008
- I was looking for mental and physical clarity and Karuna Detox™ provided me the expertise and space to acheive this!
I enjoyed the informative talks and feel inspired. My whole outlook on health and changed. I feel the colonics cleared my body and my 'stuck' past - very releasing and liberating!
(Most appreciated) the beautiful accommodation, friendly staff, lovely treatments and good range of facilities. I rate the retreat 10/10 and lost 12 lbs!
I'm thrilled to have lost so much weight - my stomach is completely flat. I feel fabulous!
*Ian, Juice Fast- Devon, Jan. 2008
- I learned to Break Habits, Detox & Live Healthy.
I would like to thank all involved in building this dream, for giving me a space and support for all the wonderful healing to take place. I appreciated the space and support we got to have our own experience. Also, I lost 14 lbs!
Your love & vision is beautifully apparent & I sincerely thank you all.
My love to you all!
The Rubik's Cube makes a perfect gift for any occasion. Learn how to solve the cube on Ruwix.
*Ed, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- I arrived in a deep fog. I am leaving in Bright Sunlight. Oh, and by the way, I lost 15 lbs.
What can I say - You gave us it all, and I, personally, thank you from deep within.
*Stephen, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- I couldn't imagine a better detox retreat.
*Kirsty, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- It covered Mind, Body & Soul!
Going home with so much more knowledge than I arrived with -
The support was very warm and friendly, always available if needed, but not intrusive - Perfect!
(This is my second time)... I rate the retreat 10/10! BIG thank you to the Karuna team!
*Rachel, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- My 'Journey' was definately a highlight. I feel stronger and more in control as a result. This is a wonderful compliment to the physical detox (a detox of the heart and soul) and long may Anna continue to bring peace and happiness to others in this way - remarkable.
*Tim, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- I am leaving with a better understanding of how to look after myself better, a determination to do so and feeling regenerated and energised.
Thank you to the whole team!
*Jemma, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- It was a great environment to do my first detox. Beautiful surroundings, friendly and inspirational team and a very warm and open atmosphere.
*Alan, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov. 2007
- My personal highlights were the afternoon talks on the body and Nutrition with Sho. Her knowledge and presentation was beautiful, always professional and engaging.
I appreciated the laid back ambience throughout the retreat. There was no activity that was compulsory. Also, loved Sho allowing me to give her a kickboxing lesson when everyone else 'wimped out'! Blessings and light,
*Juliette, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct. 2007
- The Karuna team are full of welcoming kindness, uncomplicated trust, calm dedication and true unquestionable knowledge and experience.
With leaders like this how can we not develop our minds, bodies and souls?
I loved the talks, the walks, the trust, the companionship, the support and the journey therapy. The nutritional lessons and discoveries - how did we forget to listen to our bodies? I now realise I do not have to eat all the time to keep alert. There are so many aspects of this week that will shape my life for a long long time. Thank you!
*Jan, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct. 2007
- I could not have imagines a week without food as it is not something I would be disciplines enough to do by myself. I found it liberating to have succeeded!
*Stewart, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct. 2007
- I got an opening of my heart combine with a feeling of clarity & serenity within that I thought was lost to me. This experience has lead me to re-examine my habits with a strong desire for a healthier and more loving lifestyle. Brilliant! Non violent communication is something that I will introduce into my work environment not only to educate others, but to reduce stress in my life. Thanks!
Karuna Detox™ Retreats is a feeder of the heart & soul, simply wonderful.
*Brian, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct. 2007
- My toe that always curled up and I thought it was arthritis has flattened out, the continous itch in my back for the past 10-15 years has gone, the mole on my stomach has shrivelled up and my joint aches are gone! All in one week, it is amazing!
*Karen, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct. 2007
- I was looking to clean my system out, to feel more inspired, invigorated, energised, empowered and to achieve clarity of mind. I got all that and more! 100% value for money, 100% service. Excellence. It has all been perfect, absolutely first class... and I lost 8 lbs!
*Paul, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep. 2007
- I was looking to improve my general wellbeing and to lose some weight and yes, my wishes have come true! I am very impressed by Shoshana's nutrition talks, an unexpected bonus which I found very helpful. The retreat is excellent, very peaceful and everyone on Karuna Detox™ team does a fantastic job.
*Chrissie, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep. 2007
- A complete mental, emotional, spiritual and physical cleanse. The mix of teaching, healing and support systems has been amazing. The nature walks kept me connected to the 'real' world of nature. Also beneficial were the gentle pool exercises and the sauna. I can't believe I wasn't hungry. I loved the 'down to earthness' of the staff, everything was made easy and unembarrasing. No feeling of judgment and no pushing to achieve. The non-violent communication and meditation morning workshop was brilliant: 15/10! ...and I lost 7 lbs- hoorah!
*Elaine, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep. 2007
- From start to finish felt 'at home'. Karuna Detox™ offered a brilliant service & support network right through every aspect of the retreat, blended together to give a real holistic approach to 'changing your life'. Can't thank everyone enought! I am going home with friends for life, memories I will cherish as well as knowledge and strength to start LIVING!
*Christine, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep. 2007
- One of the most special things on Karuna Detox™ retreats was the nutrition information on how my body deals with all the toxins and how to minimilise that and unexpectadly.. the emotional strength I feel and all the wonderful additional tools I will take with me to help maintan my new health.
*Joanna, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep. 2007
- It was a peaceful and supportive environment to cleanse my body and educate myself. As the week went the more mentally strong I felt. The Journey work was amazing! I benefitted greatly and feel I have been able to let go of some long standing issues & return a more positive person!
*Sarah K., Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep. 2007
- Support by the Karuna Detox™ team was excellent, they were were friendly and kept us entertained and always available to provide reassurance, information and advice. Excellent! I lost weight and cleaned my insides and will reccomend this to everyone.
*Marie, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- Karuna Detox™ Retreat equipped me with the knowledge to DO SOMETHING with my fresh start rather than take my clean colon back into London and in ignorance muck it all up again. The nutrition lectures were the most important part of the day!
*Ann, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- It was wonderful to be away from family pressures and have time to wind down and cleanse in a safe suported environment. The yoga was fantastic and I enjoyed the daily country walk and the inspiring talks on raw food. All the therapies I had were great especially the chakra reading, which I found fascinating.
*Peris, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- The entire team is amazing! I don't think I have come across anyone who is as well informed as Sho on her subject and knows how to bring it across in a easy and accessible language. I loved all the treatments and my clothes fit me better! It was fabulous, couldn't be better!
*Sophie, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- It was a detox and a rest in a safe and peaceful setting. I was suprised and struggled with how sick I felt at a time, but since I came out of it have felt great. For me it was hard work, and worth it! I expect my journey will be a life changing experience.
*Glen, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- The special aspects where becoming aware of what specific foods did to my body. I was suprised as to how easy the colonic process became.
*Laura, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- I allowed myself out of my comfort zone and as a result made new friends and learnt so much. I really enjoyed the morning meditation and the yoga was excelent. All the staff made you feel really safe and offered amazing therapies that were great. I felt Sho really enjoyed sharing her incredible wealth of info. and I will take so much away with me. I lost 11 lbs!
*Charlotte, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2007
- I had never been on a fast or detox before and I found the Karuna Detox to be supportive and enlightening. The days were structured in a way that I was never bored and I was not hungry at all. I also managed to lose 15 lbs and it has inspired and taught me to lead a healthier life.
*Lucy, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2007
- I found the educational talks on nutrition etc. brilliant. Easy to understand. I loved the way Sho was generous with all others knowledge to contribute to the group and the way she presented it with fun and interactiveness. Inspirational teacher! It was supurb- thank you! So rare to find a team that has these skills and are so heartfelt generous and sensitive.
*Jane, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2007
- The fasting gave me a very clear, alert, calm and peaceful mind. It was just great being away from my everyday life for a week.
*Evie, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2007
- Karuna Detox Retreats gave me a place to really relax, a place to take my body back to a 'raw', healthy position, evaluate my eating and educate myself on balanced nutrition and well-being.
*Paul, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2007
- I came here to detox and remove as much mucoid plaque as possible to help regain my vitality and lose weight. Karuna provide the support and facilities to get the best possible results! Also, my massage therapies were truly wonderful experience, especially for the first timer. The support of the detox team was first class, always prepared to help, listen and talk.
*James, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2007
- The retreat provided me with weight loss, a clearing of my system and better understanding of how I use my food and the effects that it has on my mind and body. I liked the friendliness and care that I felt from the staff and all my fellow detoxers. The retreat had much greater depth to it than I had imagined. I rate it 11 out of 10!
*Catherine, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2007
- As the days went by I learnt a lot about myself and how resilient I can be. I know my relationship with food will change from this day for the better, which is a fantastic feeling. Thank you!
*Pat, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2007
- I arrived with seriously aching joints. If I sat down for even a few minutes, getting up was very painful... The pains in the back of my legs have gone and knee joints are almost pain-free. I can't believe it all happened so quickly and I am so grateful. I've had other improvements as well, but this is the big one!
*Kate, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2007
- I appreciate the inspiration, the tranquility and the amount of gunk I shall leave behind - emotional and well as material!
*Andy, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2007
- I was suprised at how my body just went through the detox process, both physically and emotionally. I'm so glad I did this.
Memorable moment? I will not forget the joy in the room for the first 'soup'!
*Nina, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2007
- I have had the most fantastic week. I feel clean, clear headed, bright and bouncy & alive... I want to run through the fields! I really loved the group and I thought Sho was an amazing strong, inspiring uplifting woman & all the staff were great. I felt supported every step of the way. I loved the talks by Sho, she has so much information to share. Plus, I made some lovely new friends, which I wasn't expecting. I can't rave about it enough!
*Tony, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Feb 2007
- Amazing feeling of well being, and a holistic change in the way I look at my health. I feel very, very changed and very, very alive.
*Wendy, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Feb 2007
- Much of what I already knew about raw food was reaffirmed and a few gaps in my knowledge filled, leaving me feeling confident and motivated to take the next steps.
The personal development aspect of the retreat was a welcome surprise. With instruction in compassionate communication, and films on the power of mind over matter. I now feel really positive and empowered.
I now have the strength and some valuable tools to help me to move on in my life.
*Pamela, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Feb 2007
- The whole retreat was an experience I'd recommend to anyone to anyone to desire to improve their health.
A wonderful team; Shoshana, Tim, Tamsin & Heather, have an abundance of knowledge and wisdom. They made the whole experience of fasting altogether bearable.
*Carol, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Feb 2007
- I came for the opportunity to detox & lose weight with spiritual meaning.
The energy healing surfaced memories that I hadn't thought of for many years and enabled me to feel in tune with myself, and positive about the future.
I most appreciated Shoshana's support & the knowledge she shared both in the group and when I had a chakra reading. Her presence had a positive energy.
The surroundings were ideal for fasting and getting in tune with your spirituality.
The support was very good, and the team were always on hand to answer any questions - no matter how minor, and they genuinely showed interest in all of us.
They all had different skills and expertise which made for a very well-rounded and whole experience.
*Kiren, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2007
- Karuna provided me with a safe space in which to fast and detox - a very caring environment provided by the leaders - especially Sho.
I lost 5lbs, which is half of what I need to loose - which is great.
Also a fantastic introduction in the world of raw food nutrition.
*Mandit, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2007
- Most of all I experienced a level of kindness and warmth and sincerity that I had forgotten still existed in you - Sho and your team.
*Anna (London), Water Fasting Detox - Dec 2006
- It was my second retreat, and the first completely revitalised me, and informed many of the decisions I make about food. But I wa loosing my momentum and needed a health boost, and dose of fresh inspiration, and I got both.
As I'd hoped, I feel lighter,inspired, infinitely healthier, and generally more positive about life. And absolutely gagging for a hemp smoothie!
Sharon, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2006
- Skin clearer, breathing clearer, and I feel physically stronger after all the Yoga. I've learned lots of new things about my body, health nutrition and detoxing.
The treatments were very beneficial as well - not just a 'pamper treat', but good for the detox, both physically, and emotionally.
Janette, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2006
- I was looking for a new start, detox, emotionally and spiritually, and I truly believe this has been achieved.
Caroline, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2006
- I was looking to detox and lose some extra kilos, but I found so much more - a new way of life!
Someone once said knowledge is power, and I am certainly going to be leaving here feeling optimistically empowered on how to take the best care of the most important part of my life .. my vessel .. my body!
The most complehensive list of treatments I have seen available at one place - many of which I had never tried before & I know I am going to walk away from here with a healthier body and mind ! Thank you !!!
Laura M (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct 2006
- Karuna provided much more support than I expected, and fantastic nutritional advice, that I had hope for. It provided everything I could have wanted.
Sally S (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct 2006
- The location / venue is ideal. I definitely could not have done this on my own, without the support & reassurance of the others here.
I'm looking forward to experiencing ongoing benefits.
Ula (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct 2006
- A very safe, healthy and tranquil environment to do the fast.
I really enjoyed the talks, which were very informative, and gave lots of insights!! It gave me the right mental stimulation to want to change my eating habits ... for the better !
Sally B (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct 2006
- The venue is perfect - rural bliss. The people on the retreat also made the experience special.
The relaxed nature of the program, passed the time effectively, but without being stressed - you can have a packed agenda if you need to
Tony, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sep 2006
- Very enlightening. My weight loss was amazing, and the talks about dietary habits were great.
Gill (Wales), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2006
- I have enjoyed the safe and supportive environment, as well as the knowledge that has been freely and lovingly given.
I had no idea that the retreat would be as holistic, and as wonderful as it has been.
A very special, heart-felt thanks to Sho and Dao for their openness and their wisdom.
Anna (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2006
- I have been aware throughout the week that my life will be different from now on - how exciting !!! This is the best way I have come across to give my life a much-needed shake-up.
You're returning me to the world, a much better person !
Chelsea (Guernsey), Mixed Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, January 2006
- The retreat experience has delivered more than expected. I joined mainly for the colonics, detox, fasting, and I love the timetable and routine. However, I didn't expect to learn so much more about nutrition, it certainly will bring a change to the way I treat food in future; it is not just “eating”, it'll become “nourishing”.
Also a great bonus was the NVC. I came here with hatred and anger. I have learned to forgive and let go.
Debbie (Manchester), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, January 2006
- I felt completely accepted and supported on this retreat. Also, I felt that I could be myself
The NVC introduction was amazing for me. I have bought the book and it is giving me a realistic model on which the express my needs and feelings better and hear other's needs and feelings with more clarity.
Oliver (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, December 2005
- Fasting was less difficult than I thought it would be. I thought that I would have a lot of time to kill, but actually, the time went fast.
I came to the (revolutionary!) awareness of the importance of diet. I wanted to heal my asthma and I believe that the retreat has helped me to do this through diet.
It is Thursday, and I haven't had any Asthma medicines since Saturday !
Aly , Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, December 2005
- It was tough for me to begin, as I was ill with a headache for the first two days. However, once I got over that I just felt a little weak, and not hungry at all.
It is much better than trying it at home, as you have the support from everyone going through the same thing. I am feeling very clean and ready for a new way of eating and living.
Simone (Berkshire), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, November 2005
- It was an inspiring, life-changing experience. It taught me to so much about the body, nutrition and food. The talks were surprisingly one of my favorite times of the day.
If I could give one bit of advice to my friends and family, it would be to come on a Karuna Detox Retreat!
Rachel (Bristol), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, July 2005
- Definitely, definitely worth doing. Much easier than you'd expect.
Sylvia (Newcastle upon Tyne), Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, July 2005
- This is my second retreat with Karuna. Just sliding through that deep and intimate relationship with my body... Exploring... This week has been a present for my body!
Chris (Kent), Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jun 2005
- I was apprehensive at the start, but quickly got into the routine.
There were moments of great exhilaration, and the benefits started kicking in (looking / feeling better)
I really got into it towards the end, and a extremely glad I came - I will be back.
John (Manchester), Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2005
- The retreat was life-affirming. Over the course of the week, many of the issues that I thought were important slowly disappeared, to be replaced with energy of change.
Dao & Shoshana give their energy in abundance. Allowing all embers of the group to quickly relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings, The fantastic physical and spiritual treatments, and to intake the wealth of information that they give so freely.
Christine (Bristol), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, May 2005
- My second retreat, so I knew what to expect.
After the last retreat, I managed to sustain a good diet for two months. I felt really alive, had loads more energy, and did not develop any colds throughout the winter. Having slipped into some of my old habits, this has given me the boost to again adopt a more healthy lifestyle for longer.
Tom (Chichester), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Apr 2005
- Coming to Karuna is a very important step forward. If anyone is serious about recovering one's vitality then this is essential. It appeals to people of all walks of life. Whether it is just to loose weight or more spiritual. I will definitely come back...
Emma (Enfield), Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Apr 2005
- I have just spent the most fabulous week in Devon at Karuna, I feel cleansed & rejuvenated.
Most of all I feel educated about my body, and the nutrients that I have been depriving myself of for too long. I would recommend it to anyone!
Gary (Scotland), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Feb 2005
- If you want to give yourself a holiday from you usual 'holidays' then do this! Learn about your body, yourself and nutrition - enlightening, enjoyable, and sometimes eye-opening...
Tanya, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2005
- I have just returned from my second Karuna retreat (my first was last January...) - and my teeth are sparkling white, my eyes are clear and bright, my skin is smooth and soft and glowing, my hair is thick and soft and shiny and almost GREYLESS (yes, most of my grey hairs have reverted to my natural colour!), my joints feel more open and flexible, my head (my brain...) feels lighter and brighter and clearer, my body feels lighter and MUCH stronger, and my energy levels have increased dramatically, I feel less tense and less tired... and all it took was one week away from home...
Karuna are experts at providing a relaxed and supportive environment...
John, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2005
- Without question the most beneficial, inspiring break I have ever taken. I haven't eaten in a week, and yet I feel brighter, more positive & fresher than I have in years.
You need to leave your cynicism at home, and don't be concerned that this is some bizarre, new-age experiment you are about to engage in. Everyone on our week was terrific & from very varying backgrounds...
Also, the best massage I have ever had, & believe me, I've had loads...
Becky, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2005
- Learnt so much about how the body processes food, and saw a genuine importance of gathering some raw nutrients - reassuring that so many people on the retreat already did it - very normalising.
I also felt I had as much time as I wanted to be on my own and do my own thing. Somehow it managed to combine a holiday (relaxing, friendly, stress-free) with something that is also very goods for you...
Leanne, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2005
- My first Juice Fasting Detox Retreating Juice Fasting Detox Retreat, and definitely not my last... Although I had read about cleansing, I never knew it could be so easy!
Thanks to the program, that kept me occupied, focused & NOT hungry, I found the week's fast easy...
I would advise anyone to come along. It has been a great eye-opener and a life-change. I may have left with an empty bowel, but I've a head full of new knowledge.
Wendy, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2004*
- The talks were so informative and gave me verification that I am on the right lines with my way of eating for health.
The other people on the course were lovely and provided a supportive environment. I now feel recharged in body & mind, with a renewed commitment to eating healthily, not fanatically.
I appreciated most the availability to ask questions any time, and receive open and accepting advise.
Marie, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2004*
- Initially I was apprehensive, but as soon as I arrived, I realised I was entering a supportive and caring environment which instantly put me at ease. As for the fasting and colonics, they were actually surprisingly easy, believe it or not!!!
Very different from Spa Samui.
I appreciated the talks most. I hold a degree in Biology, and thought I knew a great deal about nutrition, but my views and attitudes towards healthy eating have been changed thanks to the talks.
Louise, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2004*
- Felt at ease straight away. Everything we needed to know was well explained, and yet we were not bombarded with information all in one go - it was distributed throughout the stay.
It was nice to be able to do as little or as much as you like.
It has improved the eczema on my hands, and I feel this stay for me is now the beginning of a whole new venture.
Christine, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2004
- An excellent week. Not only do you get a cleansing of toxins from your body (in a big way!!!) but also a full education on how the body works and what it needs - in simple layman's terms.
You cannot walk away from a Karuna Detox™ Retreat and look at processed food in the same way. You are suddenly armed with information to make your own choice.
This week is an absolute must for anyone who cares about their health and is brave enough to face the truth that they - and they alone - are responsible for it...
Serena, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Nov 2004*
- The retreat not only helped me to detox in a controlled and friendly atmosphere, but I got lots of information regarding my bowel that has changed my thinking completely...
Total change in symptoms : Sinuses, headaches & joint pains
Arlene, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct 2004*
- This retreat was both enlightening and lightening. Despite considerable reservations I have enjoyed it thoroughly.
I suspect I will look back on this as a life-changing crossroads. I am extremely thankful for this experience. Sho & Dao do what they do brilliantly...
Sylvia, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Oct 2004*
- It has been a very special space and time for a deep contact with my body. Discovering and exploring how the body changes and gently shifts to a state of relief and peace.
During the retreats, the time is counted on a different meter. Everything flows soft and smooth and there's no hurry, no pressure. Absolutely a different pattern. I have also received loads of input regarding nutrition / yoga / meditation.
I think we are more perceptive while fasting - although it does feel like it when we are there...
Romaney, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, 2004*
- I felt totally supported the entire week.
Things I thought I would be pressured to do, I wasn't at all, and this resulted in me choosing to do them. The week was alot easier than anticipated and went much faster than expected.
I would recommend it to anyone...
Damian, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Sept. 2004*
- I was amazed at what my body could do, and how little it actually needs to function properly. For once, my whole body feels like it has been on a well earned break. I have especially enjoyed Sho's meditations and Yoga.
This coupled with Dao's extensive knowledge had provided a totally holistic and healing experience.
Megan, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, July 2004*
- This is my second time. It was a wonderfully energizing experience, shared in a beautiful environment with like-minded people who care about their health. The talks given by Dao are truly enlightening and confirm that everything involved in the process of detox is totally compatible with our physical and emotional well being. The meditation and Yoga by Sho are equally as inspiring and her wealth of knowledge and experience in both disciplines is lovingly shared. At the end of the week I feel light and enthused, ming and body refreshed in a way I have rarely encountered before.
Noreen, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, July 2004*
- This is my second time on a retreat with Sho, Dao and Yamuna and I will most definitely be returning. Every aspect of the retreat is so amazing and not only is it a complete body detox but an absolute mind detox from everyday life. Unless you experience the warmth and knowledge from Sho & Dao it is hard to describe what a wonderful experience it is.
John, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, July 2004*
- The Colonics took a day or so getting used to, but once sussed were were really soothing (and dead easy). The talks on nutrition and diet were mind blowing. WHY ISN'T IT TAUGHT AT SCHOOLS?!! It will change the way you think about what you put in your body. The whole set-up is very relaxed and low key. Lots of space if you need it and you can skip anything you don't fancy. As a yoga and meditation beginner I found them both really interesting, especially the Yoga.
Jeanette, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- I am so pleased I decided to come on this retreat, the week was just what I needed. Shoshana and Dao make a great team and provide a package of informed care and experience. Although I have previously taken part in detox 'holidays', I have learnt new things and integrated others at a deeper level. I feel renewed and reconnected to my body, which I will continue (thank you!). I intend to come back for more.
Jane, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- "You must do it" The total experience is fantastic. The location, the organizers, the talks, the therapies, the fast and the group made the whole week a delight. I am leaving lighter, more informed about my diet, cleaner, chilled and with friends.
I loved every minute of the retreat: the passion and dedication from Dao and Sho is second to none and with the help of Yamuna the package was complete.
Angela, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- I had a wonderful relaxing time in beautiful surroundings with very open, interesting, inspiring people and plenty of support. I learnt an immense amount and was very grateful for the time and space to relax and take a good look at where I am in life... The Colonics were a bit scary at first, then fascinating as I marveled at all the unbelievable stuff that was coming out, especially the quantities... The time went very quickly. I am pleased to have lost some more excess weight.
Clive, Water Fast Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- It was a very well held experience. Both the facilitators were caring, knowledgeable, supportive and attentive. The venue was very comfortable and I enjoyed the company of my fellow co-detoxers . I have the satisfaction of having done it and managed without cigarettes for a week.
Fee, Water Fast Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- I was amazed at the amount and level of information we were given on a huge range of subjects which helped everything 'fit together'...the mode of 'teaching' was equality-dialogue which made it an empowering experience. Never teacher-pupil, never them-us. Dao and Sho use their skills and knowledge in a beautiful and humorous way.
Michael, Water Fast Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- My experience was a real 'cleaning house'- I feel fresh and bright, complemented by the supportive group...
Our fantastic hosts/teachers/guides, Sho & Dao, were so open, warm and grounded. Nothing was too much for them.All in all a perfect week of relaxation and Detox, couldn't have asked for anything more. Thanks!
Andie, Water Fast Detox Retreat - Devon, June 2004*
- The group gelled well together, and it was useful that we were all 'first timers'! The group discussed everything and supported each other throughout sleeplessness, detox and contents of colander!
Thank you for the gentle and strong was you guided us through yoga, for the meditations and all of the therapies... really made the whole retreat a more holistic event.
Gaynor, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2004*
- I feel much calmer in myself. I feel clean and spacious inside. Sho's style of practicing and teaching Yoga was phenomenal.
I feel I have learned as much this week as in the 5 years I've been practicing. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in such a loving, giving and caring way!
Debbie, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2004*
- The talks just made complete sense and I will definitely change my diet from now on. The Yoga was most enjoyable and I've already stopped the strange moaning noises I used to make when I bend down for something.
Elena, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, April 2004*
- This was an inspirational experience. The fast was very easy, I was even able to concentrate on studying for my Uni! ...I expected to learn about fasting and colonics, but I didn't expect it to be so interesting!
Rob, Fasting Detox Retreat, - Feb '04*
- A challenge with massive rewards. Thank you so much for a retreat that was full of compassion, guidance and light.
I felt in safe hands and well cared for. Excellent venue.
Joanne, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat, - Feb '04*
- I lost 1 stone in weight, have clearer skin, more positive outlook on life and a different attitude to food. I kicked my coffee addiction! I enjoyed the retreat and would recommend it.
Mel, Water Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2004*
- I never realized how relaxing a colonic could be. Although at times I have found it quite emotional, I have found the whole experience quite easy. I didn't realize I was carrying such emotional and tension in my body.
Kate, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan 2004*
- My detox was not what I expected, but I do think it has had a deep and profound effect on me. I also feel like I have been extremely well cared for. I think this has helped me understand and empathize with some very deep feelings. I'm quite sure I will be nicer to myself from here on in!
Ged, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Devon, Jan. 2004*
- It's no picnic at the beach, but if you have the will, the week is INSPIRING, EDUCATIONAL & LIFE-AFFIRMING. If I take back half of what I have learned, I will be twice the person.
John, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- I liked the way I was welcomed and treated by the facilitators. It seemed like nothing was too much trouble for them.
Margaret, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- After years of suffering chronic backache and knee-joint pain, due to arthritis, I am walking much better, and the swelling has gone down drastically. My backache is GONE!!!
Mim, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- I have had a lovely, rejuvenating week... Felt really supported by Shoshana and Dao, both emotionally and with my detox. I am so glad I have gone through with it and persevered. I loved the morning Yoga - Sho's approach was really unique and holistic.
I will definitely take it with me into my everyday life. Thanks.
Bella, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- The detox was really gentle. Sometimes I had a headache, then had a Colonic, and it would go away.
It was really nice that it was fun and lighthearted, which made it easier to relax and be myself.
Loved the Yoga!!
Megan, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- I found this a thoroughly stimulating experience. It gave me so much self-awareness regarding my own physical capabilities and endurance with fasting, and staying completely grounded. The education and teaching was totally revolutionary!
Matt, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- As a first-time faster, Yoga pupil, Reiki patient - this week has been a brilliant, thought-provoking, eye-opening time. The fast was surprisingly easy. Zero hunger took me by surprise.
Jogging, long walks, Yoga - I didn't expect it to be so easy!
Monique, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, Sept. 2003*
- You're great people, doing great things. Keep up the good work! The best thing about it... Nutritional talks and Yoga - couldn't possibly choose one!
Noreen, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, July 2003*
- I think everyone should be made to come on one of Dao & Sho's Detox Retreats. I found it a truly wonderful experience and as well as being a physical detox it was also a mental spiritual cleansing and opening.
Clare, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, July 2003*
- Second time for me, and just as great - if not better. Great vibe, as they are such a tremendously inspirational and energizing couple, who cannot fail to inspire you! Will definitely be back again.
Sam, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Dorset, July 2003*
- Found the Colonics relaxing. Overall: "A piece of cake"! I'm a changed girl. Feeling generally full of "oomph"
Clare, Health Holiday - Spain, Oct. 2002*
- Shoshana's Yoga was amazing - got my bones doing things I never imaged they could do. Massage - superb also, very healing hands. An amazing couple!It has been profound experience for me - the process of fasting, and all of the space that 'no food' leaves, along with the beautiful and peaceful surroundings - has pushed me further in my spiritual quest.
Fiona, Health Holiday - Spain, Nov. 2002*
- This was a perfect trip for me. A beautiful place, truly lovely and genuine people. I achieved something I've meant to do for ages. I just wish I had done it sooner. I loved Being here!
Julia, Health Holiday - Spain, Nov. 2002*
- I honestly cannot thank you enough for the past week. Not only was the fasting painless, it was pleasurable. The open,honest and relaxed way in which you conduct the course, and yourselves has everything to do with it's success.
Patrick, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Spain, July 2002*
- Excellent- I loved the location, the vibe and the structure. The fast was easy, really appreciated it. You guys have a great vibe, I'll spread the word. Keep it up!
Laura Joy, Health Holiday - Spain, Jun. 2002*
- I have had a wonderful time. Thank you both for sharing your knowledge and experience. Dao's teaching of science, Colonics and nutrition,and Sho's knowledge of Yoga, Meditation and relaxation are so complementary. Both of your gentleness and openness and listening was invaluable.
Zoe, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat - Spain, Jan. 2002*
- I can't seem to chose my favorite thing.. Lectures, Yoga, Colonics.. Actually, the best thing is that I feel really good.
I've learned a lot and am healthier as a result and excited about the future.
Koen, Health Holiday - Spain, Jan. 2002*
- The combination and proportion of colonics, yoga, talks and meditation was perfect for me. Now I feel confidant to do it all myself and am convinced about the benefits. I also learned more about related things such as raw food, neti douche etc.
- I can't seem to chose my favorite thing.. Lectures, Yoga, Colonics.. Actually, the best thing is that I feel really good.