Karuna Detox Retreat Venue
The perfect place for a retreat. North Devon Countryside among green fields and river, with indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and fresh spring water. Our retreat venue is easily accessed via public or private transport only 3.5 hrs from London or Birmingham, 1.5 hrs from Bristol, 2 hrs from Bath or Cardiff. 50 min from Exeter Airport/Train Station (groups taxi share ) Postcode EX16 8QB, Devon, UK
Our tranquil location has its own clean natural water source and meandering footpaths down to the pond or river.
The 30 acres of grounds surrounding is not actively farmed and so, being free from pesticides, we have an abundance of wildlife. Regularly spotted roaming the fields are red deer, hares and badgers. Birds including buzzards, woodpeckers, barn owls, nuthatches and bullfinches can be seen either soaring high in the sky or eating from one of the many feeders dotted around.
We have 17 beautiful room for you to choose from with master single bedroom cottages, to a range of single en-suites, singles with shared bathroom* (two bedroom cottages), and shared twin or double bedrooms* for couples, family and friends.
Enjoy early bird discounts (10% off) on single rooms when booked one month in advance. Or book to share a room with friends and family at great prices. [link to] See room type and prices.
*Bathrooms are shared between max 2 people
The cottages are mostly barn conversion with character features – exposed beams and woodburners, all with natural spring water ‘on tap’.
Dog Friendly – Well behaved dogs are welcome in the single ‘master’ bedroom cottages and the two bedroom cottages (if you book both rooms).
The Cottages are:
- Cedar & Oak – Both Master 1 Bedroom Ensuite Cottage (dog friendly)
- Beech & Larch – Both 2 Single Bedroom, Shared Bathroom Cottage (dog friendly)
- Trotter – 3 bedrooms (all ensuites)
- Elm Barn – 2 bedrooms (all ensuites)
- Linhay – 3 Bedrooms (all ensuites – twin and double for sharing)
- Willow – 3 bedrooms (1 ensuite, 2 single sharing bathroom)
- Parking – extensive free carpark.
- Wifi – Free wifi in all cottages.
- Juice Bar – Juice Bar with Fresh Organic Juices, a range of Herbal teas, Spring Water infused with herbs available.
- Swimming Pool & Sauna – Heated Swimming Pool & Traditional Sauna exclusively for our use on site.
- Nature Walks – Bring boots for walks in nature along the path to the pond or river.
- Trampoline – Large outdoors trampoline for rebounding.
- Woodburner Stove – Atmospheric woodburning stoves are including in many of the cottages.
- Dogs Welcome – Well Behaved Dogs are welcome in our master cottages and in 2 bedroom cottages, when you book both rooms.
- Wellbeing Shop – Natural Body care items for sale (herbal shampoo/toothpaste/tongue scrapers/natural soap/body brush/essential oils etc).
- Book & DVD Library – Inspiring health books & gentle entertainment available to borrow during your stay.
- Massage Therapies – Expert Healing and Pampering Massage Therapies available to book on arrival, first one FREE included in your stay.