Autumnal digestive biscuits that contain the benefits of raw foods and cold pressed oils. Rich in magnesium and essential oils, the raw cacao and nuts in these biscuits will keep you going and warm your body during the colder months of the year.
The raw chocolate and raw biscuit are equally delicious together as a raw digestive biscuit, or apart served as a cookie and a chocolate.
The Nutty Biscuit Base
2 cups nuts (cashew & some pecans)
1 cup dates
dash of: vanilla, nutmeg, sea salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1-2 tbsp cream coconut
- Place Biscuit Base ingredients in food processor.
Blend until mixture consistency is sticky and evenly blended.
- Press a spoonful of the mixture into each biscuit mould.
Or firmly compact into biscuit shape freestyle, by hand : ).
- Freeze for min one hour, on a tray.
Raw Chocolate Top
0.5 cup cacao paste, chopped fine
1 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp date syrup, to taste
optional: dash of salt, vanilla, peppermint or orange essential oil
- Chop cacao paste to fine slivers and mix gently as you melt it in a bowl over hot water (bain marie).
Don’t let water into your chocolate mixture!
- Blend in coconut oil and date syrup. Make liquid chocolate sweet, as it goes down a level of sweetness when hardened.
- Pour thin layer over the frozen biscuit bases & freeze another hour.
Serve or store in airtight container in freezer.