Sharon, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Nov 2006
- Skin clearer, breathing clearer, and I feel physically stronger after all the Yoga. I’ve learned lots of new things about my body, health nutrition and detoxing.
The treatments were very beneficial as well – not just a ‘pamper treat’, but good for the detox, both physically, and emotionally.
Janette, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Nov 2006
- I was looking for a new start, detox, emotionally and spiritually, and I truly believe this has been achieved.
Caroline, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Nov 2006
- I was looking to detox and lose some extra kilos, but I found so much more – a new way of life!
Someone once said knowledge is power, and I am certainly going to be leaving here feeling optimistically empowered on how to take the best care of the most important part of my life .. my vessel .. my body!
The most complehensive list of treatments I have seen available at one place – many of which I had never tried before & I know I am going to walk away from here with a healthier body and mind ! Thank you !!!
Laura M (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Oct 2006
- Karuna provided much more support than I expected, and fantastic nutritional advice, that I had hope for. It provided everything I could have wanted.
Sally S (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Oct 2006
- The location / venue is ideal. I definitely could not have done this on my own, without the support & reassurance of the others here.
I’m looking forward to experiencing ongoing benefits.
Ula (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Oct 2006
- A very safe, healthy and tranquil environment to do the fast.
I really enjoyed the talks, which were very informative, and gave lots of insights!! It gave me the right mental stimulation to want to change my eating habits … for the better !
Sally B (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Oct 2006
- The venue is perfect – rural bliss. The people on the retreat also made the experience special.
The relaxed nature of the program, passed the time effectively, but without being stressed – you can have a packed agenda if you need to
Tony, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Sep 2006
- Very enlightening. My weight loss was amazing, and the talks about dietary habits were great.
Gill (Wales), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, June 2006
- I have enjoyed the safe and supportive environment, as well as the knowledge that has been freely and lovingly given.
I had no idea that the retreat would be as holistic, and as wonderful as it has been.
A very special, heart-felt thanks to Sho and Dao for their openness and their wisdom.
Anna (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, June 2006
- I have been aware throughout the week that my life will be different from now on – how exciting !!! This is the best way I have come across to give my life a much-needed shake-up.
You’re returning me to the world, a much better person !
Chelsea (Guernsey), Mixed Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, January 2006
- The retreat experience has delivered more than expected. I joined mainly for the colonics, detox, fasting, and I love the timetable and routine. However, I didn’t expect to learn so much more about nutrition, it certainly will bring a change to the way I treat food in future; it is not just “eating”, it’ll become “nourishing”.
Also a great bonus was the NVC. I came here with hatred and anger. I have learned to forgive and let go.
Debbie (Manchester), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, January 2006
- I felt completely accepted and supported on this retreat. Also, I felt that I could be myself
The NVC introduction was amazing for me. I have bought the book and it is giving me a realistic model on which the express my needs and feelings better and hear other’s needs and feelings with more clarity.
Oliver (London), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, December 2005
- Fasting was less difficult than I thought it would be. I thought that I would have a lot of time to kill, but actually, the time went fast.
I came to the (revolutionary!) awareness of the importance of diet. I wanted to heal my asthma and I believe that the retreat has helped me to do this through diet.
It is Thursday, and I haven’t had any Asthma medicines since Saturday !
Aly , Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, December 2005
- It was tough for me to begin, as I was ill with a headache for the first two days. However, once I got over that I just felt a little weak, and not hungry at all.
It is much better than trying it at home, as you have the support from everyone going through the same thing. I am feeling very clean and ready for a new way of eating and living.
Simone (Berkshire), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, November 2005
- It was an inspiring, life-changing experience. It taught me to so much about the body, nutrition and food. The talks were surprisingly one of my favorite times of the day.
If I could give one bit of advice to my friends and family, it would be to come on a Karuna Detox Retreat!
Rachel (Bristol), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, July 2005
- Definitely, definitely worth doing. Much easier than you’d expect.
Sylvia (Newcastle upon Tyne), Water Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, July 2005
- This is my second retreat with Karuna. Just sliding through that deep and intimate relationship with my body… Exploring… This week has been a present for my body!
Chris (Kent), Water Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Jun 2005
- I was apprehensive at the start, but quickly got into the routine.
There were moments of great exhilaration, and the benefits started kicking in (looking / feeling better)
I really got into it towards the end, and a extremely glad I came – I will be back.
John (Manchester), Water Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, May 2005
- The retreat was life-affirming. Over the course of the week, many of the issues that I thought were important slowly disappeared, to be replaced with energy of change.
Dao & Shoshana give their energy in abundance. Allowing all embers of the group to quickly relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings, The fantastic physical and spiritual treatments, and to intake the wealth of information that they give so freely.
Christine (Bristol), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, May 2005
- My second retreat, so I knew what to expect.
After the last retreat, I managed to sustain a good diet for two months. I felt really alive, had loads more energy, and did not develop any colds throughout the winter. Having slipped into some of my old habits, this has given me the boost to again adopt a more healthy lifestyle for longer.
Tom (Chichester), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Apr 2005
- Coming to Karuna is a very important step forward. If anyone is serious about recovering one’s vitality then this is essential. It appeals to people of all walks of life. Whether it is just to loose weight or more spiritual. I will definitely come back…
Emma (Enfield), Water Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Apr 2005
- I have just spent the most fabulous week in Devon at Karuna, I feel cleansed & rejuvenated.
Most of all I feel educated about my body, and the nutrients that I have been depriving myself of for too long. I would recommend it to anyone!
Gary (Scotland), Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Feb 2005
- If you want to give yourself a holiday from you usual ‘holidays’ then do this! Learn about your body, yourself and nutrition – enlightening, enjoyable, and sometimes eye-opening…
Tanya, Water Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Jan 2005
- I have just returned from my second Karuna retreat (my first was last January…) – and my teeth are sparkling white, my eyes are clear and bright, my skin is smooth and soft and glowing, my hair is thick and soft and shiny and almost GREYLESS (yes, most of my grey hairs have reverted to my natural colour!), my joints feel more open and flexible, my head (my brain…) feels lighter and brighter and clearer, my body feels lighter and MUCH stronger, and my energy levels have increased dramatically, I feel less tense and less tired… and all it took was one week away from home…
Karuna are experts at providing a relaxed and supportive environment…
John, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Jan 2005
- Without question the most beneficial, inspiring break I have ever taken. I haven’t eaten in a week, and yet I feel brighter, more positive & fresher than I have in years.
You need to leave your cynicism at home, and don’t be concerned that this is some bizarre, new-age experiment you are about to engage in. Everyone on our week was terrific & from very varying backgrounds…
Also, the best massage I have ever had, & believe me, I’ve had loads…
Becky, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Jan 2005
- Learnt so much about how the body processes food, and saw a genuine importance of gathering some raw nutrients – reassuring that so many people on the retreat already did it – very normalising.
I also felt I had as much time as I wanted to be on my own and do my own thing. Somehow it managed to combine a holiday (relaxing, friendly, stress-free) with something that is also very goods for you…
Leanne, Juice Fasting Detox Retreat – Devon, Jan 2005
- My first Juice Fasting Detox Retreating Juice Fasting Detox Retreat, and definitely not my last… Although I had read about cleansing, I never knew it could be so easy!
Thanks to the program, that kept me occupied, focused & NOT hungry, I found the week’s fast easy…
I would advise anyone to come along. It has been a great eye-opener and a life-change. I may have left with an empty bowel, but I’ve a head full of new knowledge.